Friday, December 9, 2011

Brrrrr....

Well the temperature is dropping so I thought I'd share my favorite pieces to keep you warm and dry as well as trendy.

My first pick is this gorgeous Barbara Speer long red pullover from navabi

I LOVE THIS COLOUR - It's festive and this design is quirky and different. It's not like the ponchos of history the 3/4 length sleeves, asymmetrical hemline and it has my other love for winter knitwear and thats pockets to put my gloves in. I would wear this with a jersey shirt underneath and team it with black leggings and boots.

My second pick is again from navabi and is this yummy manon baptiste merino wool blend sweater dress


This comes in 3 different colour ways. I love the turtle neckline and after the past few really cold winters we have had I think that everyone needs at least one GOOD wool/wool blend jumper. This can be easily worn with leggings and boots, or jersey type trousers.

Now it's on to coats this Mara Gibbucci wool jacket with piping again from navabi is so cute.

The high proportion of wool this is made with will keep you as warm as toast and if we have snow the way we did last year this needs to be considered asap. I remember when the snow came in over the last two winters and every shop sold out of coats, hats and goves within hours. A good coat is an INVESTMENT piece that will last you YEARS. Just make sure you store it well (I'm a fan of the vac bags and cedar balls) and you will get the most out of it.

Finally is this gorgeous D Celli bordeaux red hooded coat again from navabi.

I love hoods on my coats. I know they are not everyones thing but I have a pathalogical aversion to having cold ears. I think this is a great all round item that will see you through early spring as well.

My next post is going to be my pick of the last minute christmas party dresses so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment